Player evaluations are required for players Little League® 8 and older (Spring season only) for league placement and to help in drafting balanced teams. Registering for a specific division does not automatically mean a player will be drafted to that division.
There are 4 evaluation dates to choose from and it is okay for your player(s) to attend multiple sessions (not required, but open to players).
- Thursday, February 2nd, 6-8pm (Majors Baseball ONLY)
- Sunday, February 5th, 12-4pm
- Wednesday, February 8th, 6-8pm
- Saturday, February 11th, 12-4pm
To minimize the wait times for assessments we have added the ability to reserve an evaluation time slot. Please visit http://canyonviewll.com/registration/ to reserve your players time slot(s). NOTE: We can accommodate 2 “walk-ins” during each time slot and those will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
What to Bring**
- Each player should bring their fielder's glove, not a catcher's mitt or first baseman's mitt.
- Bats are optional, and will be provided if a player doesn’t bring their own. If a player has his own batting helmet they can bring that, too, otherwise one will be provided.
**All personal equipment should be labeled.
What to Wear
- Dress for the weather, the same as you would for an outdoor baseball practice: cleats, t-shirt or sweatshirt/jacket, baseball pants. No jewelry.
How the Evaluation Process Works
- The players will be evaluated in five baseball skills; running, throwing, hitting, fielding ground balls, and fielding fly balls. Evaluations are conducted by the Coaches and Player Agents and scores are kept confidential.